There’s something in the air – a bit of anticipation, a bit of disarray in the home.
George is ready for his first trip to the US of A. Thankfully, they did not fly this week. This was north east USA!And this is Oakley in the snow. George won’t get to meet Oakley but he will meet Hilary! It would have been so much fun for George to experience snow but he might just freeze – because he’s afraid of unknown surfaces and new things. It looks like there could be more snow in the forecast so who knows. You’re off to an adventure, George!
May’s comment: All preparations in place. Just need to get through this weekend of packing for myself! And then we will take one step at a time …
- Send Darcy off to House of Mutt on Tuesday morning
- Get to Liverpool Street Station for train to Harwich
- Board Stenaline Ferry for overnight crossing – settle George in the kennel and try to sleep without looking at the CCTV too much
- Disembark next morning at Hoek van Holland
- Train to Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam.
- Check-in. Thankfully dogs are allowed on the leash at Schipol.
- Board plane with George settled in bag and under the seat
- Arrive in NYC the same day – seven hours later
- Hopefully with George in bag, a Yellow Cab will take us to our “home away from home”
- Our NY adventure begins!