When we were travelling on the Nineteen 87 bus, there was a quiz about dogs. We were appalled that our hoomans didn’t get them all right! Wonder how many of you know the answers to these questions?
- What dog breed does not bark, but does make yodelling noises?
- What dog breed gets its name because it strikes out with its front paws when fighting?
- Contrary to popular belief, dogs do not sweat by salivating. They sweat through what?
- Every known dog breed except this one has a pink tongue. What is this breed?
- Christmas question! What is the name of the dog from “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas”?
- Dalmatians are born what colour?
- Why do dogs and wolves yawn?
- What is the smallest breed of dog used for hunting?
- Do dogs favour one paw (left or right) over the other?
- What kind of dog did the TV Series detective Columbo have?
- Can you name the 7 different groups/classes of dog?
May’s comments: So I scored 4 1/2 out of 8! Ha! They didn’t finish the list of questions.
Here are the answers:
- The Basenji
- The Boxer
- The pads of their feet
- The Chow (It’s tongue is jet black.)
- As a sign of contentment
(They are low to the ground, which allows them to enter and manoeuvre through tunnels easily.)
- Yes (like people, dogs are either right-handed or left-handed; that is, they favour either their right or left paws.)
- A Basset Hound
- Toys, Hounds, Herding, Sporting, Non-Sporting, Working, Terrier
So how did you do? 🙂