Some fun facts about us dogs for National Dog Day
• Dog noseprints are as distinctive as human fingerprints. No two are exactly alike and can be used to identify them.
• The most popular male dog names are Max and Buddy. The most popular female dog names are Bella and Molly. (Don’t know any Max nor Buddy, but lots of Bellas and Mollys)
• Those born under the sign of the dog in Chinese astrology are said to be loyal and true, although when angered they can become sullen and standoffish.
• French poodles did not originate in France but in Germany (“poodle” comes from the German pudelhund, meaning “splashing dog”.)
• Stressed? Petting a dog is scientifically proven to lower blood pressure. Walking your dog has lots of health benefits, as well. (Yup, we’re very familiar with that!)
• The most popular dog breed in Canada, U.S., and Great Britain is the Labrador retriever.
• Take Your Dog to Work Day is observed every year in the United States in June, on the Friday following Father’s Day. (Nice!)
• According research, the best dog for attracting a date is the Golden retriever. (Sorry, Mummy!) The same study suggests that if you’d rather be left alone, walk a Pit Bull. (Yeah, man!)